Thursday, October 09, 2008

Double Rainbow

There are times when you have to read between the lines of life. When we have to step between what makes sense and doesn't and find our own reality. I just recently emailed a person I know only in the vaguest sense to impart some wisdom. I felt a struggle coming on, an inner turmoil that made him want to holler. There are times when nice is just too nice and words can't fix loneliness or bury pain. When you are who you are and everyone wants a piece of you. When perception meets reality, but your reality isn't what everyone perceives. I sensed this in the words that weren't on his message board. My final words to him--find those sincere hands that will clap for you.

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11.1

Yesterday here in Georgia, it rained for the first time in 25 days. Around 7 PM, a beautiful rainbow appeared around the lake, and my daughter and I went outside and drank in the beauty of God's amazing grace. About 7:30 PM, a second rainbow appeared and in between both drifted shades of gray clouds. That's where I live my life. Between two beautiful rainbows where there may be an occasional drifting gray cloud.
I called my neighbors, standing on my deck in the drizzle and we all smiled, staring up into the sky. They called out their children and it was a rainbow reunion. There was no food, no plan, no talking. Just us and God's gift.

My advice--actively seek happiness.

Just Being Me,

Carmen

2 comments:

Missy Tippens said...

Beautifully said, Carmen!

We saw that same rainbow--and decided the pot of gold was somewhere out in the woods behind our house. :)

Praise God for rain!!

Missy

Mary Marvella said...

Many of us forget your advice. Being happy is an interactive way we handle our lives and the way we respond.