Saturday, July 19, 2008

More Ideas Than My Brain Can Handle

Today I've been inundated with ideas. I was at the GRW meeting and the topic was storyboarding. It's a tool some writers use to plot their novels. I've never used this methodology, but it was the conversation after the meeting that stirred my emotional juices. The talk with a friend about cutting down the front bushes had us in stitches. She'd told me about how her husband had built their pond 7 or so years ago that got me going. I had to tell her how I'd only gone outside to tackle those bushes because I couldn't plot.

When the story wouldn't come, I had to use my hands in another way. By the time we finished talking, we were in stitches. Using my hands in another way. . .and the creative floodgates opened. Today, I can't stop thinking. The ideas are flowing so much, I'm now tired. I have to say that my bushes are lovely. Her pond which her husband built so long ago is a lake--a slight exaggeration--but lovely nonetheless, and my hands are tired from typing ideas that will sit in my idea folder until two years from now when I will be able to give them the time they deserve to be written. That's right, two years. I have two years worth or work to do right now. I'm bumping the schedule up, so don't worry. I have to fit in a couple Crawford stories and a couple surprises because that's what makes life interesting.

Now that I'm done using this side of my brain, I'll go back to writing the remainder of my 8 pages for today. Let me put on some Herbie Hancock. . .

And the beat goes on. . .

C

No comments: