Thursday, May 22, 2008

Salute!

I know it's been a minute since I blogged, but I can't get into the habit of doing something everyday that isn't spontaneous. Meaning, I have to work to work out. Think about food to eat, and maintain lists to get from one school, banquet, dinner, store, doctor's appointment, date and post office run to another. Readers get on me, I hear you guys, about not blogging more, and I love to hear from you, but I just can't do it every day. Okay, I'll make you a deal. Once a month and then we'll go from there. So what's happening in my world? I'm busy as ever and so happy about that. I've got a graduating senior from high school, and it's exciting. I'm thrilled that she knows what she wants to do and, she's chosen to go to college. I respect that she's an independent thinker, I didn't so much when she was small and it was time to go to church, and she couldn't decide what to wear, but those days are long over. God doesn't care what they wear to church. I realize that now. A few days ago I persuasively asked her to come home so I could take her picture on the last day of school. She thought that was hilarious. She and her best friend were laughing so hard I didn't think they'd get here. They're no longer in high school, after all, and they were going to IHOP for breakfast. Well, she came in, plopped on the chair and started giggling. That's the daughter I remember. Not this forensic scientist who isn't afraid of bugs. Boy, am I looking forward to the future with this happy, scientist, daughter, shopping maven, intelligent woman!

I'm also writing like crazy. I've had two books come out in the last four months. Suddenly Single and This Time For Good. What a rush it's been to be able to talk to people and know they derived something good from my work. I've been touring the country with the Femme Fantastik Tour! Yay. Talk about a great group of ladies, great friends. Women who've changed and helped shape my life. I'm also finishing school and working on more novels. I absolutely love what I do and tell people I meet on my journey through life to write their stories. Record your history for your family and future generations. This is your life, enjoy it.

To all you Moms and Dads with graduating young people--Congratulations. Be very proud of your child and yourself. You made it!

Just Being Me,

Carmen

No comments: